There comes a time in your life when you realize that your bridesmaids are your best friends- the people who have watched you grow; the ones who have always stood by your side no matter what and who are eager and ready to watch you say your “I dos” with love and grace and plan the rest of your days alongside your better half. But sometimes, even if you care about the people who have always been there for you, you may end up taking their efforts for granted and hurting their feelings completely unintentionally.
Stress and lack of time and patience can deteriorate your relationship with your bridesmaids. I can tell you that you could easily avoid this unpleasant scenario by letting a professional Boca Raton wedding planner take care of every single detail related to your grand event and focus on the special connection that you have with your girlfriends. Moreover, follow these five easy tips to keep your bridesmaids happy before, during and after your wedding ceremony and reception.
- Be Careful When It Comes to Allocating Responsibilities. As an experienced wedding planner, I know that most people (especially the ones with poor organizational skills) have a hard time trying to break down big, pressing tasks into more manageable components. This is why you may want to ask for the help of a Boca Raton event planner to create and allocate responsibilities in a more effective manner. Instead of urging all bridesmaids to invest a certain amount of time in your wedding planning process, be respectful of their personal lives; some may be getting ready for a career upgrade, a baby or their own engagement parties. Factor in their other responsibilities before assigning tasks to avoid frustration and potential conflicts.
- Make Sure All Your Bridesmaids Are Well-Dressed. Don’t make your bridesmaids go for a certain dress style, length or color just because you find it appropriate and tasteful. Instead, advise them to opt for similar styles reflecting your color scheme and let them express their own personality in a creative manner, by adding details that represent them and flatter their silhouette at the same time.
- Maintain a Balance Between Giving and Receiving. First of all, you should keep in mind that bridesmaids have to deal with considerable expenses. They have to book hotel rooms and flights, do their hair and makeup, organize your shower and buy you an extravagant gift. In this context, you should try to acknowledge and reward their efforts by employing different tactics to lower their costs and underline your appreciation. Start looking for low-cost flights and consider covering their lodging expenses. Moreover, opt for bridesmaids gifts that are similar, but not identical, to demonstrate that you love all your bridesmaids and respect them as unique individuals.
- Create Manageable, Fun To-Do Lists. In addition, I should also tell you that planning a wedding doesn’t have to seem like a stressful, time-consuming chore. To help your girls get their wedding groove on, keep your demands reasonable and ask yourself the following questions: “Would my girls actually enjoy this activity? Would I do the same things in return without any hesitation?” This type of reality check will help you put your empathetic thinking to good use and implement minor attitude changes to make every single step of the process (dress hunt, shower and so on). Also, make a list of all the people who could lend a helping hand (aunts, cousins, other close friends and coworkers) to relieve tension and let your bridesmaids get in the party mood.
- Keep Your Bridesmaids Happy with Help from a Professional Boca Raton Wedding Planner. Sometimes, you will need more than a handful of people to allocate responsibilities, adjust your wedding décor, deal with vendors and service providers and still keep a large smile on your face at the end of the day. This is why you should consider opting for professional Boca Raton wedding planning services. At Dream Concierge, we have envisioned different packages offering you the expert guidance and support that you will require before, during and right after the big day. Contact our team today and select the one that matches your bridal planning, expectations, needs and demands to a tee.