South Florida weddings have a unique charm and allow brides and grooms to create long-lasting memories virtually effortlessly. After all, what in the world could go wrong when you have your toes in the sand and you’re feeling the ocean breeze, while standing under a wedding arch decorated with dozens of gorgeous silk garlands, with your better half? Believe it or not, many things can get out of control, and I’m not referring solely to unpredicted expenses. To avoid such drama, take a quick look at the five major mistakes that any couple can make while planning a wedding in Florida and learn how you could prevent these awkward and/or costly mishaps with help from a real professional.
5 Crucial Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Event (and How to Prevent Them)
- Overspending. Some soon-to-be newlyweds don’t really care about money when it comes to turning the happiest day of their lives into an unforgettable fairytale. On the other hand, other couples can’t afford to overspend and create piles and piles of checklists to have everything under control at all times. And yet, regardless of their financial possibilities, the brides and grooms who decide to count on professional Boca Raton event planning services manage to rest at ease, knowing that they have everything under control, including budget development, implementation and monitoring. Think about it this way: if this is the first wedding that you’re organizing, you may have a hard time making the right decisions. First impressions are often deceiving. For instance, did you know that an open bar may not be the most cost-effective option at hand? As Huffington Post points out, an open bar could cost you up to 4 times more than a regular cash bar. If an open bar is one of your main requirements, stick to the plan, but don’t underestimate its costs.
- Taking Care of Wedding Decorations on Your Own. Wedding planning requires the highest dosage of creativity and originality. But crafting or selecting the decorations for your wedding ceremony and reception on your own can be stressful and exhausting. Moreover, if you have an eclectic style, feel incredibly indecisive, or simply don’t want to take any chances when it comes to personalizing and beautifying your location, you may want to consult a world-class provider of Boca Raton event planning services before making a final call.
- Trying to Please All Your Guests. Let’s get one thing straight: you can’t please everyone; not now, not tomorrow, not ever! This is precisely why you should follow your own creative vision, address your own needs and demands and stop worrying about what your relatives and friends may think about your open bar, wedding dress, flowers, location and décor elements. To avoid potential conflicts that could kill your mood during the big day, you could hire a wedding planner and let a real professional mediate disputes and help your guests have a great time and send out good vibes.
- Choosing Vendors and Service Providers Based Solely on Quotes. You want to save money that you could spend during your honeymoon or use as a down payment for your first house or a new car. This is perfectly understandable. However, even when your options are limited by a tight budget, you shouldn’t agree to make any quality compromises that could rob your event of its dosage of glamour and brilliance. Don’t select vendors based on the lowest quote that they give you. A low number may be the indicator of really bad service. Since you always seem to get exactly what you pay for, select service providers and vendors based on referrals. Moreover, factor in their personalities and working styles and meet them in person before making a decision. It’s always important to sit down and have a nice chat with the people who can contribute to your wedding planning success.
- Ignoring Rules That Can’t and Shouldn’t Be Disregarded. These days, you need at least one wedding etiquette cheat sheet to handle the plethora of tiny, yet incredibly important details that could make or break your wedding. From the best ways to handle registries to the tactics that you should employ when it comes to writing your invitations, all these assignments require knowledge, commitment and experience. Did you know that more than a few churches require the brides to cover their shoulders? Are you familiar with the cancelation policy of your caterer? These are only a few questions that a wedding planner won’t let you worry about.
Choose the Perfect Bridal Package to Organize a Flawless Wedding
Want to eliminate the stress associated with high-end events planning? Opt for one of the exquisite bridal packages brought to you by Dream Concierge to achieve peace of mind and make sure that you won’t have to lift a finger to achieve perfection with your upcoming wedding.